The project analyst intern is responsible for analyzing projects and calling out each individual task. The project analyst intern will collaborate frequently with the Estimator to ensure all tasks are accounted for. The project analyst intern must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a heavy workload on a daily basis.
- Review and analyze the Scope of Work and prints provided by the customer as the basis for developing a project analysis.
- Help develop a data repository to house projects and be willing to use new software on past projects, and for use in analyzing tasks of future projects.
- Collaborate frequently with the Estimator to assess that the project complies with that which is defined in the scope of work.
- Work with Management and Operations to review the final estimate before it is submitted to the customer.
- Perform a post-mortem on all bids to determine why our bid was not successful or to determine how a successful bid can be improved upon (Lessons Learned Closeout).
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Build and maintain internal relationships.
- Take on special assignments as requested to corner new markets to diversify the company.
Required Skills/Job Qualifications:
- No experience in analyzing Underground Construction projects.
- Enthusiastic Individual looking to GROW in the analyst field.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Project
- Market research experience
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Flexible with hours
- Thought-Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply about a subject.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group.
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest.
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well.
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity.
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work.
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help.
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers.
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks.
Our company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is to not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
When you apply for this job, you will be asked to answer questions regarding your criminal background. Answering “Yes” to the criminal background questions will not automatically bar you from employment. A criminal background check will be conducted following any conditional offer of employment. Only those crimes which are substantially related to the position you are seeking will be considered. Please note that for certain contractors with whom we do business, based on the nature of their operation, the type of offense and related factors may affect your assignment to that contractor. Factors that will be taken into account include: (1) The facts or circumstances surrounding the offense or conduct; (2) the number of offenses for which you were convicted or plea was entered; (3) your age at the time of conviction or plea, or release from prison; (4) any evidence that you performed the same or similar type of work, post-conviction/ plea, with the same or different employers, with no known incidents of criminal conduct; (5) the length and consistency of employment history before and after the offense or conduct; (6) any rehabilitation efforts, e.g. education/ training; (7) any employment or character references and any other information regarding your fitness for the particular position; and/ or (8) whether you are bonded under a federal, state, or local bonding program.